|Area||Project||Type||Stage||Key Objectives||More Information||Overall Health||ITS Lead||Comments||Last Updated|
|Communications||Mass Communications||Tactical||Execution||1. Communicate across University to advise on urgent/crisis situations. |
2. Emergency alerts and outreach to the University community.
|UT Alert Site||Vicki Vokas||Team won an award for Excellence in Innovation.|
System is working as planned.
|July 13, 2016|
|Communications||Alerts ("Alertus")||Tactical||Execution||1. Expands capacity for mass messaging service to those not carrying/viewing phones|
2. Emergency messaging to desktops
|UT Alert Site||Ivan Sestak||System works in current configuration.|
Investigating participation in Alertus Premium.
|July 13, 2016|
|Communications||Faculty & Staff Email||Tactical||Review||1. Better collaboration and communication system, current system(s) is fragmented and lacks collaboration tools|
2. Unified and integrated tools for all faculty, staff and students
3. Improve service capacity, uptime, functionality, security
4. Reduce reliance on locally run comm and collab services
|Email Consultation Website||Marden Paul||Method for migrating large data set being assessed. Technical and vendor meetings in-progress and follow-up.||July 13, 2016|
|Content Management||Simcoe Hall Websites||Tactical||Execution||1. Support and maintain websites for departments/office in Vice-Provostial portfolios |
2. Migrate Vice-Provostial clients from ActiveCMS to new platform (primarily WordPress)
3. Provide website analysis, redesign and redevelopment
4. Improve information architecture
|Ivan Sestak||Some site restructuring advised.|
Web site support by CST. Web site development providers discussions.
|July 13, 2016|
|Helpdesk||Web Helpdesk Ticketing System||Tactical||Execution||1. Provide a unified ticketing system for units across the University|
2. Deploy to units across the University to aid in ticket transfers and reduction in end-user bouncing
3. Speed response time to problem resolution
4. Identify common and frequent problems and resolve root causes
|Ivan Sestak||Full ITS deployment pending adoption. ACT migration from Fogbugz into service.||July 13, 2016|
|Other||SCCM 2012||Tactical||Execution||1. Provide a unified system to manage workstations in the University Environment|
2. Publish new applications and deploy automatically
3. One point for software and hardware inventory for University assets
4. Collaborative building and maintenance of applications in a common repository
5. Identify common and frequent problems and resolve root causes and deploy immediately
|Ivan Sestak||Existing SCCM 2007 clients will be migrated to 2012 in the summer. New clients are being on-boarded directly to SCCM 2012. Upgrade completed successfully.||July 13, 2016|
|Licensing||Microsoft EEE Campus Agreement||Tactical||Execution||1. The Campus Agreement provides CORE CAL licenses, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Forefront Endpoint protection (for Windows), System Center Endpoint Protection 2012 (Windows, Linux amd Mac) and Microsoft Office Professional for Windows or Macintosh for installation on University of Toronto owned equipment |
2. Individual units can use the umbrella agreement to uplift additional Microsoft products including Enterprise CAL licenses
3. Provide a licensing server to the community for license compliance
4. Provide a Home Use program - pay for use software at a deeply discounted rate
|UofT Microsoft Site||Ivan Sestak||New campus agreement in place. Services available at microsoft.utoronto.ca||July 13, 2016|
|Content||SharePoint 2013||Tactical||Execution||1. Virtualize current physical Sharepoint servers (web server and data storage array) |
2. Upgrade the Central Administrative SharePoint Environment from Sharepoint 2010 Standard to SharePoint 2013 Enterprise
|Ivan Sestak||Staff were given Sharepoint training by Microsoft via the premier services agreement to assist in providing support. |
Sites receive uploads without issue.
|July 13, 2016|
|Content||Governing Council Digitization Project||Tactical||Execution||1. Digitize the Governing Council Archive room which consists of 500 banker boxes of documents|
2. OCR the documents to increase searchability and accessibility
3. Import the documents into SharePoint 2013 and apply taxonomy and meta-tagging
|Ivan Sestak||Document migration in-progress. Scanning proceeds on remaining documents as planned.||July 13, 2016|
|Communications||AV Meeting Room Refresh SH||Tactical||Planning||Update the AV equipment in Simcoe Hall.||Ivan Sestak||Vendor engineering assessment and requirement reviews. Tri-campus participation. Schedule planning and negotiations in-progress.||July 13, 2016|
|Risk Management||New Client Integrations||Tactical||Execution||1. Migrate new Clients into the UTORcsi Environment||Ivan Sestak||Faculty of Information, Trinity, Pharmacy all proceeding with migrations.||July 13, 2016|
|Risk Management||ADFS & UTORcsi Integration||Tactical||Planning||1. Integrate ADFS Authentication to UTORcsi |
2. Allows UTORid based authentication to workstations
|Ivan Sestak||Project on hold pending available resources.||July 13, 2016|
|Communications||Simcoe Support Service Site||Tactical||Execution||1. Provide one-stop site for Simcoe+ clients to discover services, receive feeds of important info tech related issues like current phishes, system outages. |
2. Provide staff list and who to call information.
3. FAQ on solving problems that appear regularly on WHD.
4. Provide real-time ticket volume and performance data from WHD.
5. Schedule of lunch and learn education opportunities.
|Marden Paul||Resources allocated to development activities. Backlog being reduced. Team resources and activitiy increased.||July 13, 2016|
|Risk Management||Information Risk Management & Policy in Information Security and Protection of Digital Assets||Tactical||Proposal||1. Reduce risk of information leakage and misuse|
2. Create: Policy on the Information Security and the Protection of Digital Assets
3. Implement: Practices on the management of risk during the life-cycle of digital assets
|Policy Website||Robert Cook||Policy unanimously approved by Governing Council on 25 February. Policy listed on GC Web site. WGIRM committee to issue their report. Working with IS, communicating good practices. Response to recommendations - committee nominations pending. ||July 13, 2016|
|Risk Management||Expelled Students Off-Boarding Protocol||Tactical||Planning||1. Ensure that IT services from across the University are withdrawn from expelled students.||Marden Paul||Consultation with key stakeholders and Information Security.||July 11, 2016|
|Risk Management||Environmental Health and Safety Training Site||Tactical||Planning||1. Modifications required to existing training process to align with legislative requirements. Goal to streamline process directly from the portal.||Marden Paul||Consulting with key stakeholders.||July 13, 2016|
|Consulting||Ancilliary Services IT Review||Tactical||Execution||1. Review Ancillary Services departments IT issues and requirements|
2. Provide report on current state and recommendations for improvements moving forward
|Marden Paul||Implementing assessment recommendations in-progress. Town Hall meeting held June 22.||July 13, 2016|
|Surveys||IT Assessment (TechQual) 2015||Strategic||Execution||1. Provide comparative data on IT services with our North American higher ed |
2. Review baseline
3. To assess IT service delivery, help establish and support strategic initiatives for ITS and IT investments
|Survey||Vicki Vokas||Survey to close and proceed with collating reports.||July 13, 2016|
|Training||IT Learning Academy||Tactical||Execution||1. Provides full suite of Microsoft training materials, including programs of study and discounted certification exams|
2. Reduce expenditures on MS training across University
3. Training available to ALL active community members
|IT Academy||Ivan Sestak||Monthly ITS newsletter story ready for release. UTORid integration for summer release.||July 13, 2016|
|Events||TechKnowFile 2016||Tactical||Review||To provide professional development opportunity to all IT staff and those working with technology at the University of Toronto.||TKF 2016||Vicki Vokas||Highest attendance on record to TKF 2016. Keynote speakers well received and successful fundraising efforts. Food services and AV services all excellent.||July 13, 2016|
|Content||Banting and Best CRM-like Project||Tactical||Proposal||1. To provide Banting and Best Innovations team with project tracking capabilities with common dataset for sponsor and leadership reporting.||Marden Paul||Requirements gathering in-progress.||July 13, 2016|
|Surveys||Core Data Survey 2015||Strategic||Sustainment||The EDUCAUSE Core Data Survey (CDS) is performed annually. Around 1,000 schools participate. The CDS gathers information across 8 subject areas. Data from other schools, peers and others, provides empirical data that may be used to support/refute plans and decision-making at U of T.||EDUCAUSE Core Data Survey||Marden Paul||Reports available from Educause.|
Benchmarking data is now available.
|July 13, 2016|